How do we work?
We tailor our work to meet your specific needs. We are trained in many different ways of helping people. After you and your counselor clearly identify what the problem is and what you would like to see change in your life, your counselor will discuss options for change. Research has shown that having a good fit between the therapist and client is more important than the specific tools that we use. So we will work to develop trust in the relationship and make sure that you feel comfortable with whatever tool is being used.
For people who are looking for a specific tool Cheryl and I offer:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy CBT
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing or EMDR (Miranda only)
- Empowerment therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Gottman Approach (for couples)
- Strength based therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- I am also continually working on learning new interventions- currently I am integrating Emotionally Focused Therapy into my skillset. It is an amazing intervention for married and dating couples, and for mother-daughter relationships.
If there is some other specific counseling technique you are looking for, please let us know. We can discuss how that option may be helpful in your situation.
Call (209) 343-2771 today to schedule your free 15 minute free phone consultation. Or you can schedule an appointment today by going to http://counselinginmodesto.fullslate.com/