Are awful experiences from the past impacting your abilty to enjoy life and connect with others?
Some experiences feel completely outside of your control. Violence, death, infidelity, sexual assault, or childhoold sexual abuse can be such a shock to your body and your mind that you just check out... It works for a while, but then the edges start to fray and it begins to feel like you are going crazy. You don't feel like yourself (or maybe you don't even know who you are), it impacts your relationships with everyone around you, leaving you feeling disconnected and lonely... even if there are a lot of people around. You wish there was a pill to just make these old memories go away. You might also notice:
- You don't sleep well, maybe even having intense dreams or nightmares.
- You worry about everything, and never get a chance to enjoy life.
- You avoid people, places, and things that bring up painful memories.
- You are isolating from friends and family members.
- You put on your "mask" and feel like you can't share your true feelings with others.
- You might even try to cope with these problems in ways you don't think are healthy overeating, undereating, or using other substances.
You do not have to suffer through this experience for the rest of your life! I can help you heal from these past events so you can enjoy your life right now.
As treatment starts to work, you may find that you sleep better, begin to smile and laugh more often, and feel more connected to those around you. You can tell treatment is working when old, painful memories lose their emotional impact, and those strong emotions that feel like they are coming from nowhere are replaced with emotional reactions appropriate to the situation you are in.
Not only can you feel better in the present, you can learn the skills you need to get through difficult experiences in the future.
Call (209) 602-1513 for your free phone consultation and find out your options for healing today!